Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Saint Florent le Vieil



While I’ve been steadily working away at a family portrait I’ve been working on for a long, long time I received some very exciting news. I have had the great honor of being invited by the Société des Pastellistes de France as a special guest to exhibit four pastel paintings in the 10th Anniversary of the 2010 Festival International du Pastel at Ville de Feytiat and to the Estivales Internationales du Pastel in the Abbey de Saint Florent le Vieil at the Second European Congress of Pastel. The wonderful artist Diana Moya of Frisco, Texas, graciously selected and will lead the delegation of eight Master Pastellists representing Texas and the USA including Susan Carlin, Mary Beth Martin, D.K Richardson, Sue Wiley, Lucille Carter and Kaye Franklin.  When I finally finish the family portrait, which hopefully will be very soon, I will start will be documenting life on the farm in Dripping Springs rendered in pastel in this blog and will be gathering material and sketching on my iPad in France for a painting series for an upcoming traveling exhibition which will compare life in Feytiat and France to life on the farm in Dripping Springs, Texas. I will post as I travel along. France Press Release.pdf

No comments: